To see Graeme Dahl’s photos from our Kalamunda Run on Sunday 22 October please go to his Flickr Album link below:
The Oceania Championships are coming up fast and will be held in beautiful Dunedin, New Zealand 20 – 27 January 2018
Please note: ENTRIES CLOSE 8 DECEMBER (no late entries accepted)
Go to the event website below to see the great promo video just released:
On their website you will find all the information you need on the event, local sights and online Registration.
If you need an Australian Uniform please order well before Christmas – just go to the link below:
The City of Cockburn has moved their Bibra Lake 6k Fun Run to the 5th November, the same day as our Bibra Lake run. This is due to the timing of Council elections. However, as we had a confirmed booking, they are allowing us to go ahead with our run as long as we finish before their event starts.
We will be starting at 7.30am and need to be completely finished by 8.50am as their start is at 9am. If you would like to do the 12k and think you will take longer than 80 mins, you can either opt to do the 6k instead or you can start at 7am. We will start a watch for 7am starters and adjust times accordingly.
Thanks for your cooperation in this matter. Added bonus – if you feel like making the extra effort you are welcome to enter the fun run as well afterwards (but note their fun run entries close online Friday 27 October).
The website for the National Championships in Perth next year is now up and running
Our thanks to club member Sally Sims for all her efforts in designing and building the site
For those who would like to attend the funeral for Raymond Gimi please note the service will be held at:
11.30am – 12.15pm
Friday 20 October
Simplicity Chapel 442 Scarborough Beach Road Osborne Park
Congratulations to Graeme Dahl who was recently presented with an AMA Merit Award for his services to Masters Athletics in WA – namely his brilliant photography and Track & Field Newsletter. We thank him for his dedication and all the time and expertise he has donated to our club and athletics.
We are delighted to announce that our Coaching Programme will continue through the 2017/18 Track and Field season. The programme is at the bottom of the right side-bar. No need to book – just turn up. MAWA coaching schedule
- The lower fees for joint members can no longer be justified, so all members will pay the individual fee. Lower fees for Country members will be retained.
- All individual membership fees are reduced by $5, which means that joint members renewing will pay $5 more.
- The 2018 form will be online only and has been simplified. It will be available around 3rd week in November. A detailed description of the changes will be posted on the website and appear in December Vetrun. Couples can make just one credit card transaction for both members.
- Our membership currently sits at 583.
- New committee roles were agreed. Giovanni will take on Sunday Run Co-ordinator, Jenn: Track and Field, Janne: Medals and Trophies, Jim: Sunday helpers, Margaret: Sunday equipment.
- We have just been advised that Cockburn have a fun run at Bibra Lake on 5th November and we cannot have our run there. When a decision is made on what we will do it will be posted on the website and emailed to members
- Confirmed by WAMC that our Presentation Breakfast will be 29th July
- A new AMA Coaching grant will be sought. The Coaching Programme will be permanently posted on the website
- A number of factors contributed to poor participation in the inaugural short RRC. A second trial will take place next year, including a short RWC, but it will be held in the Autumn.
- Marion Buchanan has joined the AMA Nationals LOC. Member Sally Sims has developed the Nationals website which will be live very soon. Online entry will be from mid January with closing date 16th March.
- Melbourne Cup tickets and MAWA jackets can now be purchased from the MAWA shop.
- Children of club members will no longer be required to pay visitor fees at club events
Committee responsibilities for 2017/2018 will be as follows.
If you have a questions or issue on a specific topic it would help us if you could address it to the appropriate committee member. Contact details are on the Our Club\About Us tab.
If you have a general issue or concern, speak to any committee member at one of our events.
Sunday Run Co-ordinator…..Giovanni Puglisi
Track and Field Co-ordinator…..Jenn Parker
Trophies and Medals…….Janne Wells
Sunday Run Helpers……Jim Langford
Sunday Run Equipment……Margaret Bennett
We were shocked to hear the tragic news that Ray Gimi passed away suddenly last weekend – still wearing his kit after his morning run. Running was Ray’s passion. He was well liked by all of us who do the Sunday runs. He was a gentleman and a gentle man and was selfless in looking after his elderly parents while they were at home. Funeral arrangements will be posted when known.