This will start promptly at 6pm so that we an get through this discus competition, plus the regular discus, while there is still enough light.
New vetrun is now available. Head to the Magazines Tab on the website to download the High or Low Res version.
Thanks everyone for a fantastic turn out of 84 members at our AGM on Sunday!
Special thanks to our wonderful morning tea helpers – it was a magnificent spread!
Graeme’s great photos from the Claypit Circuit can be viewed at:
Your newly elected Committee for 2020-2021 follows:
President: Richard Blurton
Vice-President: Silke Peglow
Secretary: Gillian Young
Treasurer: Gary Fisher
The outgoing committee was thanked and a warm welcome given to new members of the committee!
Your new committee contact details will be posted on the website under “Our Club”-“About Us” and AGM Minutes will also be posted shortly.
John Gilmour Trophy for Athlete of the Year: Paul Jeffery
Achievement Award for most improved – Sunday runs: Michael Pascoe
Achievement Award for most improved – Track & Field: John Fettus
President’s Pin for outstanding helper: Margaret Bennett
Life Membership awards:
Congratulations to Barbara on setting a W70 pending World Record at ECAC last night. She ran 72.76s against the old mark of 73.97s
Please see the communique from the LOC and AMA:
The ACT LOC and AMA have met to discuss the way forward for the AMA National Championships scheduled to take place in Canberra in early March.
The following was decided:
1. Planning will continue for the Championships but financial commitments will be minimised.
2. Entries will not open until the new year
3. The LOC and AMA will meet on December 16th at which time a go/no go decision will be made. This will be based primarily on whether the status of border re-opening can allow us to hold a meaningful championships, and whether the LOC are comfortable that a safe championships can be achieved.
4. Of course even if we say ‘go’ it is possible that a sudden covid 19 spike could cause late cancellation
5. Postponement to early next season has not been ruled out
Another magic morning…
You can see photos from today’s run in the Photos Gallery under the Road menu above.
You can also view Graeme Dahl’s photos at the following link:
For any member wanting to compete in an Athletics West event the registration portal for MAWA is now available at: https://www.revolutionise.com.au/mawa/registration/. If you have previously registered then use the ‘renew’ option. Note that only financial MAWA members may use this portal.
The summer programme is now on the website – right sidebar.