The State Records and Bests as of April 7th 2013 are now on the website Click here
- Team manager, David Carr, writes a short review of the championships.
- Statistician, Campbell Till, trawls through the results to collate MAWA’s Australian and State records from Canberra.
- Carmel Meyer writes on her first Nationals.
- Andrew Brooker remembers when he lived in Canberra and competed in Little A’s.
- John Collier describes a different approach to pre-race routine to score a season best in the 800m.
- Gillian Young describes her favourite event of the meet.
- Rudy Kocis talks about his gold medal in the 200m when he thought he would only score silver.
- Vicki Cobby discovers she ran n someone else’s spikes while the spikes owner had to run in sneakers.
- Women’s relay co-ordinator, Margaret Saunders, writes on WA’s gold medal relays.
Download from the TFNL page
AMA are conducting a trial next year in Hobart which includes a change of date away from Easter and a change to some events for the Championships. The decision to run the trial was made at the 2012 AMA AGM by the Council which is made up of delegates from each State.
The AMA Director of Competitions has prepared the attached important information on the trial which we ask that you read.
AMA Nationals 2014 Trial – Info for States
The committee have decided to add a 10k Road Walking Championships to our calendar of events. This year it will be held on Sunday 7th July at Wilson at 9:00am in conjunction with the AWA Road Walks event. The race will be fully judged, and medals will be awarded to age-group place-getters. The normal Sunday walks will still take place, (Sharks).
Reminder that the AGM will be held on Wednesday 24 April 2013 at 7.00pm at the Hockey Club Rooms, Perry Lakes Drive, Floreat. Come along and support your Club and have your say. Tea and coffee will be provided at the close of the meeting; please bring a plate of supper to share.
As of 9th April less than half of our members have renewed their membership. If you do not renew by the end of this month, the following are the consequences:
1) You will need to pay a visitor fee to compete in road or T & F events
2) If you enter the race without paying the fee your name will not appear in the results
3) April will be the last posted Vetrun that you receive
Please visit the Vetrun page to download either the high or low resolution edition for April 2013.
In the posts section of AMA website there is now a link to over 500 photos taken by Michael Slagter of SAMA at the Canberra 2013 Championships.
Canberra results have now been further checked and re-formatted. They have been posted on the Track and Field Results page for future reference. AMA National Championships 2013
The Athletics WA Bankwest GALLIPOLI RUN is on again. This year’s run will be held on the last Sunday before ANZAC Day, Sunday 21st April. The Race Patron is MAWA Patron, Second World War Veteran John Gilmour, OAM.
Many MAWA members have run in previous years in the Legacy team. Legacy are once again entering a team and for the second year the organiser Athletics WA and major sponsor BANKWEST have kindly named Legacy as one of the beneficiaries of the event.
There is a 4km run/walk and and 8km run. This year all entrants receive a running T-shirt courtesy of Bankwest. If you would like to take part, you can enter through the AWA website at http://www.waathletics.org.au/
If you would like to be part of the Legacy team, remember to type ‘Legacy’ in the team section when you get to it and please let ‘Legacy Runners’ organiser Eldon George (MAWA #511) know you have entered the Legacy team on email@example.com or mobile 0438 502 978
Due to the growing size of this event, please be aware of several changes this year:
1) there will be no entries on the day. Entries close on Wednesday 17th April at 5pm
2) 4km run and walk commences at 8.30am
8km run commences at 9am