The object of our club is to encourage and promote Masters Athletics, general fitness, and to provide opportunities for training and competition.
To see what Masters Athletics WA (MAWA) offers, head over to the about us page.
Over 30? Why not join us?
Membership is open to men and women 30 years of age and over.
The entry form is now on the website right sidebar.
This year we are accepting online entries only, consistent with the practice at World and National Championships.
If members have difficulty with the online process, they should ask a friend or relative to help or do it for them.
Any problems, contact Barbara at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that with the new affiliation arrangements, all MAWA members are automatically registered with AWA, so no longer have to do a separate registration if they want to compete at AWA events. However, event entry fees are still payable
The first sale of Perth 2016 Merchandise will be at the Australia Day this Sunday. Even if you are not running come along and grab a bargain. Massive stock, mainly polos, hoodies, shorts and visors.
– since 2017 membership started in early December we have had 223 renewals and 36 new members
– our risk management plan will be updated, particularly to encompass any new requirements related to our wheelchair athlete. Revised procedures will be sent to Race Directors
– the new roster for morning teas in 2017 is complete
– numbers at T & F meetings are still low
– State Championship entry form will be on the website last week in January with closing date 2nd March. All entries must be online. All events will be at ECAC with the exception of Pole Vault. This year athletes belonging to non-MAWA clubs can enter as that club and wear the club uniform. An information note giving event dates will be produced before entries open
– a committee to run the 2018 Nationals is being formed and will hold its first meeting in February. Date is not quite finalised but will be late April or early May, which should suit athlete preparations for World Championships in Spain in September
– approval given to purchase new discuses
– 50 MAWA jackets have been ordered – no hurry to put on the MAWA shop, as there is likely to be little interest until autumn
– new affiliation arrangement with AWA will give all MAWA members public liability and personal accident insurance at MAWA sanctioned events
MAWA has come to a new affiliation arrangement with Athletics Western Australia that gives all MAWA members the full benefits of the Athletics Australia policy at all MAWA sanctioned events. This covers both public liability and personal accident. The attached gives full details of the coverage, and we suggest that all members read it:
Athletics Australia insurance policy
Merchandise remaining from the World Championships will be sold to members at approximately one quarter of the original price. The stock will be brought to MAWA events.
Attached is the list. If you want to reserve a specific size, then please let Lynne Schickert know
Just a reminder that you can order your member number as an iron on transfer from Russell Smith who usually comes on a Sunday.
Only costs $7 or you can get 2 for $10 – you can also have your name added
If interested please contact him on: 0421 827 160
We were sad to hear that the body of Ian Thomsett, son of Life Member Barrie Thomsett, has been found. Barrie wanted club members to know. Our thoughts and best wishes go to Barrie
For those interested, records set in 2016 can be seen by following the link on the Records Home tab.
Note that MAWA Coaching will recommence:
Margaret Saunders 415pm every Thursday McGillvary Oval
Jim Barnes Distance training every Saturday 6am McCallum Park